Agnes Ritter elected to Board of Directors
PAO Severstal (LSE: SVST;MICEX-RTS: CHMF), one the world’s largest vertically integrated steel and mining companies, announces the results of voting following an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders held on 14 September 2018.
Severstal's shareholders approved the payment of a dividend of 45.94 rubles per share for the three months ended 30 June 2018. The record date for this dividend payment is 25 September 2018.
At the EGM, Agnes Ritter, Technical Director of AO Severstal Management, was elected as a member of the Board of Severstal for the first time.
Sakari Tamminen, Senior Independent Director commented: “I would like to congratulate Agnes on her election to the Board of Directors. She joined the Severstal team eight years ago and has made a significant contribution to our development including a progressive approach towards innovation and outstanding leadership skills. In addition to improving Severstal’s operating and organizational performance, Agnes leads several strategic corporate culture development initiatives, including Severstal’s women’s club, the first club of its kind among Russian steel companies, promoting women in leadership.”
The Board of Directors comprises ten members, of which five are Independent, Non-Executive Directors:
• Alexey Mordashov, Chairman of the Board of Directors;
• Alexander Shevelev, General Director of AO Severstal Management;
• Alexey Kulichenko, Deputy Director General in charge of Economics and Finance of AO Severstal Management;
• Andrey Mityukov, Deputy Director General in charge of HR Management and Business Systems of OOO Severgroup;
• Agnes Ritter, Technical Director of AO Severstal Management;
• Philip Dayer, Independent Non-Executive Director
• Alun Bowen, Independent Non-Executive Director;
• Sakari Tamminen, Senior Independent Non-Executive Director;
• Vladimir Mau, Independent Non-Executive Director;
• Alexandrr Auzan, Independent Non-Executive Director.
Agnes Ritter joined Severstal in 2010. She worked in Resource Management and was involved in developing steelmaking technologies. In September 2013 Agnes was appointed Director of Operations and Technology. A number of company programs were implemented under her guidance, such as Ideal Enterprise (improving performance and repositioning of mining companies) and Severstal’s Internal Expert Network (approx. 800 members). Agnes also played a crucial role in enhancing cooperation with external partners, developing the capabilities of technicians to a global standard, and overseeing a large-scale product engineering transformation (quality and product control, and R&D subdivision).
View count: 76